- On average it takes 4-6 field sales calls by an individual to close a deal.
- These single sales calls cost an average of about $400.
- If your particular trade show expects 5,000 attendees, of which 10% or 500 are prospects, it would cost your company approximately $200,000 and might take up to six months to make this number of sales.
- Performed correctly this trade show will deliver 500 prospects in 3 days, making this a “super sales call.”
- Source: McGraw Hill
- Each sales person on booth duty should be able to make 1 good sales presentation every 10 minutes or 6 per hour x 8 hours per day = 48 presentations per salesperson.
- With a show totaling 3 days that salesperson will complete 144 presentations.
- A 3 day show runs 8 hours per day = 24 hours of sales time.
- To meet and present 500 prospects, you need at least 4 sales people on duty at all times.
- Each salesperson needs his/her own product presentation station of at least 4’.
- At this show, you will need at least a 10 x 30 booth space to accommodate 4 sales stations leaving additional space for sales leads processing, customer service and storage.
As demonstrated above a properly designed and executed trade show can produce positive results. However, knowing this doesn't lessen the frustrations that you feel trying to coordinate trade show logistics, while running a sales department, working to meet sales expectations, and of course finding those new hot prospects.
How can Peter LoCascio of Trade Show Consultants help you bridge the gap?
Peter LoCascio has spent the last 40 years in the trade show industry and has developed the experience and expertise to help your company execute the highly successful trade shows and turn them in to super sales events.
Peter LoCascio's innovative ideas and approaches are unique in the industry. To understand what Peter can do for you, contact him today and you will begin to understand how he can truly Bridge the Gap Between Trade Shows and Sales for your company.
Peter LoCascio has expertise and experience to turn your trade show efforts into a Sales producing event.